Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holiday Cheer

Tis the season for overindulgence, gluttony, excess, debt, and...cheer. Yes, there's some cheer in the pile of holiday rubble bubble. Let's cheer to spending a little time with people that care for us and those we care about. After that, what do you think is really important about this time of year?

Why is the gifting part of Christmas such a focus? I think overindulging in gifts, parties and drinking/eating is a way to mask an underlying need to feel that we haven't done enough emotionally for the people in our lives. I realize that is a big statement and some may disagree, but I think you should just ponder the thought and be honest about how hard you worked to be good to the people around you this year. And, so, I take this time to ask myself if I am happy with my "emotional giving" for the year. I hope to give the gift of a hug, an ear, a laugh, support, and good advice for the upcoming year!

And on the personal level:
I never thought I'd say at 31 that I could kick the crap outta the 24 year old me. I remember the punk in the gym with a very fit "looking" body with the 25 inch waist!! Yeah, it looked like an athlete's body, but today I am truly feeling as though I have a body that can perform. There's still a long way to go, but I can see a beautiful journey ahead. I have the discovery of Crossfit and boxing to thank...I am getting addicted to this Crossfit stuff!

Tonight it's all about seeing Christmas lights...ahhh, tis the season!

1 comment:

  1. Blog looks great..start hitting them with some truth now homie!!

    ReplyDelete