Friday, February 6, 2009

Elevated

Don't you love when you meet someone and feel an instant spark? Your eyes and smiles just "talk" to each other and sometimes it's like you've known each other forever! Chemistry has five different forms, each with its own identity. When I meet someone new, I'm most likely drawn to them because we share a common bond, interest, sense of humor, or future direction. What is interesting about life is how little control we have of when or where these instances occur. We often cannot explain why we're drawn to certain people. Do you think background, communication style, character, looks, astrology, interests, environment, and timing all come together to help you form that intangible bond?

At this time in my life, I am truly blessed to have a friend that makes me want to be a better person. I'm lucky to know beautiful and amazing people that elevate me to be better. But this connection is slightly different. I see the amount of dedication, focus, and intensity that this person possesses and intensely admire it. I enjoy thinking about the amazing future my friend is shaping for himself and others. I hope he never puts limits on himself at any time in his life. I'm not putting this person on a perfection pedestle--he's human and flawed in many ways, just like all of us. However, I feel blessed to have a friend that naturally elevates me to a healthier level!

It makes me seek to form more bonds like it with other people I encounter. I want to have a seamless level of connection to, be inspired and elevated by, and consider myself healthier because of the people I choose to have in my life. I want people around me that are traveling in the same direction and care about me just as much as I care about them. It makes it seem like anything in life can be accomplished when you're surrounded by go-getters and positive attitudes!

How can we form these more meaningful and intangible bonds? Be the person that you seek in your relationships. I think once the initial connection is established, our healthy relationships rely on effort, trust and honesty.

I believe: purposeful relationships do not look inward upon themselves, but rather outward in the same direction.

On the personal level:
Joss, the owner of Westlake Crossfit, and I had a fun bonding experience today. We were being crazy innovative coming up with new exercise ideas to progress ourselves and others as fit athletes. It was a fun session of bouncing ideas and movin' muscles. I see the dedication Joss has for growing his Crossfit business and it inspires me to be part of his growth. This is just the type of friendship I seek to form...those that are headed in the same healthy direction. We seek a path of helping others and it in turn elevates us.

No comments:

Post a Comment