Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Vision of Life's Purpose

There's a greater tragedy than dying. It's the feeling of going through life and never having lived. If you're able to find your life's purpose, what you do with your time satisfies your soul and I believe you're at a greater advantage for living a life with meaning.

I have a job that is very meaningful and provides value to the world. In many ways, my job has been great to me. It's allowed me to learn how to build meaningful relationships, establish some "family" members from bonds that have developed through such a personal relationship and it's cultivated a deeper understanding of this very mysterious thing we live in: our body. In a lot of ways I've felt I've come to an end. I've done some amazing things in life athletically and professionally. From playing a sport professionally myself, to helping several people shed hundreds of pounds of excess weight, to helping them with pain issues that doctors couldn't solve.

I could easily say I love my job, but still feel unfulfilled. There's something greater out there for me and I can feel it. I've felt that way for awhile, but I think that disenchantment is a feeling that many of us get and don't really follow or oblige. We just think, no no, keep treading along, the water is just fine.

One of the first realizations I had was when I was noticing that when friends, peers, strangers on the street, whoever, ask me questions like, "hey, how can i get bigger arms, flatter abs, rid of my love handles?" You know, typical questions, my response is always to first roll my eyes, second is to scoff, and third is to talk about injury prevention. Injury prevention? Ummm, the person just asked about working out, they don't have pain! But, in the very forefront of my mind, I think about all the little stresses that add up when people exercise and how if they don't do therapy to release the stress they will have pain soon enough! Stress...therapy...this is going somewhere. Take that same "whoever" and have them tell me that they have pain somewhere...their knee, back, shoulder and I immediately drop everything and ask to feel it, see it, I ask questions to offer healing advice. I'm engaged, time doesn't exist, speak w/ passion, have feelings of intense value, it's honest, I'm very much myself, it's so...easy. Just the other day, a client casually mentioned her amazement at whenever she has pain, how easily I just "know" exactly what she means and how to fix it. And I think, I'm happy to help!

So, going back to disenchantment, it's one thing to realize a passion and life purpose, and it's one thing to accept the rigors of what it takes to be able to get to that level. To do that thing that you love to do! I have recently accepted that I'm willing to do what it takes to reach that doctorate goal that I've set for myself. I see a very clear purpose and vision.

My vision is bigger than my current abilities. My vision is to be able to heal all pain that is brought to me. I want to be able to fix what the medical doctor cannot see, what the xray does not show, what the MRI says will require surgery, what science cannot prove. I want to teach every individual how to move their body with a better functional purpose and how to eradicate their pain through a better lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment