Thursday, January 15, 2009

Up to YOU

Every bit of who you are or ever will be is up to you. It's a matter of free will. Think about every choice and decision you've made, action you've taken, and word you've expressed has gotten you to where you are today and will continue to shape your future. Being accountable for the choices you've made in your life is how you make changes to better yourself in the present and future. It also represents maturity. Instead of beginning a blaming process for failure, we accept full responsibility for that failure and are then able to move forward. Look inward to accept and change the parts of your life that you don't like.

Accepting that you are completely responsible for yourself and that no one is going to "save" you sets you up to make the best decisions for yourself and to be the most successful person that you can be!

On the personal level:
Because of the time I spend being intensely active, I need regular therapy and massage. I know this and yet I've neglected it lately. In the recent past I've been able to do massage exchange with some friends, but that hasn't happened lately, so I've been experiencing some painful kinks in the last couple of weeks. Well, luckily I was recently introduced to a physical therapist, Chris, that just moved back here from New Zealand and is looking to do some bodywork. I lent myself up for experiment (I am the poster child for why massage is necessary!) and have been feeling MUCH better since. So, thanks to Chris for manhandling my muscles! If you are in need of some corrective work, I'd highly recommend him. Wellll, I might need a few more sessions to really be sure. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment