Monday, January 5, 2009

Bowl of Potential

Being positive. Welcoming change. Progressing and Innovating. Being compassionate. I write about these things because I understand that they remain a constant truth. These teachings don't change, they are always true. I think these teachings can help us through some difficult situations. I find that if I keep learning, stay positive, remain aware of my faults/keep the ego in check, workout or play sports daily, get good sleep, help others in need, and have healthy social interaction; that these things help me be a much more grounded individual. In my mind, it's not the material possessions that offer these benefits. What constants do you need in your life to make you a grounded individual?

I appreciate these excerpts pertaining to happiness from the book, "A Life in Balance":
"The fruits of a life committed to happiness are: enthusiasm, inspiration, passion, compassion, courage, honesty, and authenticity."
"Happiness is attained by choosing a path of certainty. There will be suffering, accidents, grief, and losses along with laughter, pleasure, and joy. Life stops being a roller coaster of ups and downs. Instead of going through each day with a certain tentative sense, you live with self-confidence, courage, and optimism. Happiness is confidence that no matter what happens, your life's potential is constantly unfolding."
So, to make your life a bowl of potential that is constantly unfolding, put into action what you can do today...and put your goals to work!

On the personal level:
New Year's Eve was the celebration of my 1 year in Austin anniversary. I volunteered at First Night Austin--the art exhibits and fireworks show were great. I'm happy. I've got my share of challenges behind me and yet to come, but the move was a great decision. It also makes me yearn for more of a traveling lifestyle; I'm asking myself quite often, what else is out there? So, I have some long-term goals to accomplish for myself, won't be easy, but we'll work on getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment